|Temporary, Casual May 13 to August 23, 2024
|Camp Easter Seal Camp Office, Manitou Beach, SK
|$17.73 per hour, 40-hour week or 51 hour week based on 6-12 hour shifts (Monday-Friday), on a Modified Work Arrangement.
Camp Easter Seal is a summer camp program for children, youth and adults experiencing disability. The Camp Cooks are responsible to prepare meals and snacks for our campers and staff, under the supervision of the Food Services Supervisor-Head Cook. The ideal candidate will have training and/or experience with quantity cooking.
- Work effectively within a kitchen team to ensure high volume meals are prepared and served safely and on time.
- Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen and dining hall at all times.
- Perform inventory and cleaning tasks.
- Participate in other duties that support the function of the kitchen and as assigned by the Food Services Leader.
- Training in a food service or culinary arts program; or have significant past experience providing food service/cooking for large groups.
- Current Food Handler Certificate, WMHIS 2015.
- Must have experience in large quantity or commercial food preparation.
- Must be able to work in a busy environment and manage lifting, pushing, standing, and carrying objects.
- Strong leadership and initiative skills as well as exceptional organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to positively interact with campers of various ages experiencing disability, all staff and external contacts.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from camp is the personal responsibility of the staff.
Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.