|Temporary, Casual May 13 to August 23, 2024
|Camp Easter Seal Camp Office, Manitou Beach, SK
|$15.74 per hour, 40-hour week based on 6-12 hour daily shifts (Monday-Friday), on a Modified Work Arrangement.
The LIT program will give you experience to different parts of Camp. Working with your cohort, and under the direction of an LIT Leader, this role includes working within the maintenance, kitchen, and programming areas. The hands-on work will be combined with a skills program, where you will learn both employment, program and leadership skills.
- Working under the direction of Camp Leadership, to assist where needed in the kitchen, maintenance, and program areas of camp.
- Maintenance includes custodial, grounds keeping, and miscellaneous small repairs and projects
- Kitchen includes working the dishwasher, food prep and serving
- Program includes assisting Program workers with delivery of the camp program
- Help with planning and problem-solving within the staff teams
- Fully participate in all aspects of team and camp life.
- Finishing grade 10-12 in high school
- Food Safe and WHMIS certifications are an asset
- Previous experience working or volunteering in an environment with individuals experiencing disability is an asset.
- Previous experience in food services, maintenance and programming is an asset
- Must be a team player and demonstrated willingness to collaborate
- Strong self-initiative skills as well as problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle multiple demands under pressure.
- Ability to positively interact with campers of various ages experiencing disability, all staff and external contacts.
- Maintain confidentially regarding staff and camper personal information
- Must be able to meet the emotional and physical demands of the position and be able to manage lifting, pushing, standing, and carrying objects
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Eligible to work in Saskatchewan
Final Candidates over age 18 are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from camp is the personal responsibility of staff.
Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.