|Temporary, Casual May 21 to August 23, 2024
|Camp Easter Seal Camp Office, Manitou Beach, SK
|$22.02 per hour, 40-hour week based on 6-12 hour shifts (Monday-Friday), on a Modified Work Arrangement.
The Pool Program Worker is responsible to plan and deliver a specific camp program activity area – the Aquatics/Pool Program, and act as Head Lifeguard for the camp. This includes, but not limited to, planning adaptable activities and ensuring the safe implementation of the activities for our campers, children, youth and adults experiencing disability. All Program Workers also participate in collaborative planning and implementation of camp-wide and evening programs.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate creative and adaptive pool activities for all camp participants, including group activities, campfires, evening programs and camp-wide programming
- Promote camper choice, engagement, and adaptability to ensure campers’ recreational and social needs are positively and safely being met
- Act as Head Lifeguard for the camp
- Perform daily audits of the pool; monitor all program inventory, supplies, equipment and safety
- Participate fully in all aspects of team and camp life
- Must possess current NLS Lifesaving Certificate
- Must be 18 years of age (Saskatchewan Camping Association requirement)
- Educational background/experience in recreation, education, disability studies, social work, or related programs is an
- Swimming Pool Operators Course an asset
- WHIMIS 2015
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing pool activities and games
- Experience acting as a Lifeguard
- Previous experience working or volunteering with persons experiencing disability considered an asset
- Creative, patient, empathetic, and adaptable; an outside the box thinker
- Ability to lead and instruct campers in activities; organized and detailed oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle multiple demands under pressure
- Ability to positively interact with campers experiencing disability, all staff and external contacts
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from site is personal responsibility.
Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.