|Closing Date||December 6, 2022|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Location||Regina Branch, Based in Moose Jaw|
|Compensation||Pay Class 18 (range of $30.08 to $37.64 per hour) plus benefit package|
When applying, please include competition number 2022-165-PFR-01 in the email subject line.
At SaskAbilities we treat people with respect, compassion, and honesty. Our programs and services are person-centred, goal oriented and accountable. The Cognitive Disability Strategy (CDS) is focused on providing intervention to support individuals with cognitive disabilities and their family by providing support where mainstream services or programs are not able to respond. The Cognitive Disability Consultant provides mentorship and behavioral supports to individuals, assists families and communities with CDS related questions and supports the application process for those individuals and families when requested.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate, build and maintain positive relationships with intake committee, community agencies and the Ministry of Social Services to connect clients with services.
- Provides consultation services to intake and planning teams regarding strategies to support behaviour of children, youth, and adults with cognitive disabilities.
- Provides on-site consultation and follow-up upon request of the intake team for specific clients. Sites can include the home, employment setting, or school.
- Designs behavioural support strategies for specific clients and provides guidance, direction and support for program implementation and evaluation.
- Provides leadership and direction to CDS intake teams regarding behavioural support strategies for individuals with cognitive disabilities.
- Post Secondary Degree in Human Services Field (Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, etc) with minimum of 3-5 years combined experience working with people with disabilities.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers licence.
- Experience working with individuals with varying abilities.
- Knowledge of issues faced by persons with disabilities and community supports/services to assist them.
- Ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with clients, families, referral agents, public contracts, and colleagues.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Knowledge of current best practice for disability services and behaviour support plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Executive Assistant
SaskAbilities, Regina Branch
825 McDonald Street, Regina, SK, S4N 2X5
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.