|Employment Type:||Temporary, Full-time to end of August 2022|
|Location||Camp Easter Seal Camp Office|
The Facility Maintenance Head is responsible to ensure that Camp Easter Seal, a summer recreational camp program and facility for children, youth and adults experiencing disability, remains a safe, clean, barrier-free environment. The Facility Maintenance Head will lead and assist the facility team to maintain the grounds, perform custodial tasks, as well as perform maintenance and repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Lead and assist the Facility staff with all aspects of grounds maintenance including mowing and trimming grass and maintenance of walkways
- Be responsible for maintaining a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness in all buildings including the supervision and fulfillment of custodial staff and duties
- Perform building and property maintenance duties including preventative and corrective minor repairs
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of all equipment and vehicles and that the staff team is practicing sage and proper operation of equipment and vehicles
- Responsible for all waste and recycling removal and coordination of trips to the waste and recycling depots
- Maintain safe shop facilities; monitor inventory of supplies; ensure safe storage and use of chemicals
- Participate in other duties that support the function of the camp property and as assigned
- Post-secondary education in a related field, or demonstrated experience, is desired
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate or willingness to take training
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean drivers abstract
- Demonstrated experience in property and building maintenance, grounds keeping and custodial duties
- Safe working knowledge and experience of operation of a wide variety of yard equipment (e.g., all-terrain vehicles, mowers, chainsaws, power tools, etc.) experience with vehicle, boat and tractor operation and maintenance is a strong asset
- Previous supervisory experience
- Able to work both as a team leader, and independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a busy outdoor environment and manage lifting, pushing, standing, and carrying objects
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple demands under pressure
- Ability to work within a budget, manage inventory and supplies efficiently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK; Transportation to and from site is personal responsibility. Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.