|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual 40-hour weeks based on 6 - 12 hour daily shifts (Monday-Friday), on a Modified Work Arrangement.|
|Location||Camp Easter Seal Camp Office, Manitou Beach, SK|
|Compensation||$15.28 per hour|
The Facility Worker team, working under the Facility Maintenance Leader, is responsible to ensure that Camp Easter Seal, a summer recreational camp program for children, youth and adults experiencing disability, remains a safe, clean, barrier-free environment. The team will assist in maintaining the grounds, perform custodial tasks, as well as perform maintenance and repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Participate in all aspects of facility and yard maintenance including mowing and trimming grass, removing waste and recycling, maintaining paths and patios.
- Participate in janitorial and custodial duties including cleaning common areas, floors and bathrooms to ensure high levels of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the camp.
- Perform minor building maintenance and repair duties including painting and staining.
- Ensure supplies are present in cabins and camp buildings.
- Assist with camp laundry.
- Assist in camper arrival and departure tasks as requested. (e.g., moving luggage, etc.)
- Participate in other duties that support the function of the camp property and as assigned.
- Education in a related field, or demonstrated experience, is an asset.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate or willingness to take training.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence is an asset.
- Some experience in property and building maintenance, grounds keeping, and custodial duties is desired.
- Safe working knowledge and experience of operation of a wide variety of yard equipment. (e.g., all-terrain vehicles, mowers, chainsaws, power tools, etc.)
- Experience with vehicle, boat and tractor operation and maintenance is a strong asset.
- Able to work both as a team leader, and independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a busy outdoor environment and manage lifting, pushing, standing, and carrying objects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving and organizational
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from camp is the personal responsibility of the staff. Room and board are included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.