|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual 40-hour week based on 6-12 hour daily shifts (Monday-Friday), on a Modified Work Arrangement.|
|Location||Camp Easter Seal Camp Office, Manitou Beach, SK|
|Compensation||$17.21 per hour|
Camp Easter Seal is a summer camp program for children, youth and adults experiencing disability. The Dietitian, under the supervision of the Food Services Leader, is responsible for ensuring that campers’ and staffs special dietary needs are positively and safely met.
- Pre-plan menus for special diet meals, based on main menu and specific camper needs, and ensure supplies are ordered in advance, keeping within budget.
- Work effectively both independently, and within a kitchen team, to ensure nutritious meals and snacks prepared for campers and staff that have special diet needs.
- Act as the key point of contact for parents, caregivers and health care providers regarding special diet needs.
- Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen and dining hall at all times.
- Perform inventory of supplies and cleaning tasks.
- Participate in other duties that support the function of the kitchen and as assigned by the Food Service Leader.
- Must be a graduate of, or currently well advanced in, a recognized dietitian, nutrition, food service, or culinary arts program.
- Current Food Handler Certificate.
- Must have experience in food preparation and planning of menus that meet the special diet and nutritional needs of the campers and staff, many with complex medical needs.
- Must be able to work in a busy environment and manage lifting, pushing, standing, and carrying objects.
- Strong leadership and initiative skills as well as exceptional organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to positively interact with campers of various ages experiencing disability, all staff and external contacts.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from camp is the personal responsibility of the staff. Room and board are included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.