|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual 40-hour week based on 6-12 hour daily shifts (Monday-Friday), on a Modified Work Arrangement.|
|Location||Camp Easter Seal Camp Office, Manitou Beach, SK|
|Compensation||$15.28 per hour|
Camp Easter Seal is a summer camp program for children, youth and adults experiencing disability. The Food Services Worker, under the supervision of the Food Services Leader, is responsible for supporting the camp’s food services preparation and clean up. (High school students are encouraged to apply and inquire about scheduling options in May and June).
- Participate in aspects of food service duties, basic food preparation, serving, cleaning and dishwashing.
- Participate in rigorous cleaning and sanitation duties, as well as the opening and shutdown procedures/lock-up for each camp session.
- Participate in other duties that support the function of the food service program and as assigned by the Food Services Supervisor–Head Cook.
Education and Experience:
- Must have had exposure to and/or interest in food services and food preparation in a busy kitchen environment.
- Experience with commercial kitchen equipment is an asset.
- Current Food Handler Certificate is an asset.
- Must be able to work in a busy environment and manage lifting, pushing, standing, and carrying objects.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Strong initiative skills as well as exceptional organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to positively interact with campers of various ages experiencing disability, all staff and external contacts.
Final Candidates (who are age 18+) are required to provide satisfactory criminal record check.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from camp is the personal responsibility of the staff. Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.