|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual 40-hour week based on 6-12 hour shifts (Monday-Friday), rotational overnight on a Modified Work Arrangement.|
|Location||Camp Easter Seal Main Office, Manitou Beach, SK|
|Compensation||$21.77 per hour|
The Health Care Assistant is responsible for working within the medical/health care team and delivering the inclusive camper (many who have complex medical needs) health and wellness program.
- Work effectively within the health care team to administer medications, provide assessment and nursing procedures, and respond to minor emergencies with confidence.
- Follow instructions and directions as outlined by the Health Care Coordinator-Camp Nurse.
- Assist with camper arrival by reviewing camper paperwork and campers condition and medications.
- Assist with inventory of all health and medical supplies; ensure all records and reports are completed as directed.
- Assist in providing camp staff with wellness support and resources.
- Participate in cleaning and sanitation responsibilities, as directed by Head Nurse and Camp Manager.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- 3rd year or higher Nursing Student (from an accredited School of Nursing) including successful completion of Drug Calculation Exam.
- Must possess strong leadership and initiative skills as well as exceptional organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills; and be empathetic, compassionate and supportive.
- A strong understanding of working with individuals with disabilities is an asset.
- Must possess the physical and emotional ability to respond to medical emergencies within the scope of the camp property and programming.
- Must have ability to manage some lifting, pushing, stooping, and bending.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from camp is the personal responsibility of the staff. Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.