|Closing Date||July 5, 2022|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Part-time 30 hours per week|
|Compensation||Pay Class 14 (range of $23.06 to $28.54 per hour) plus benefits|
When applying please include competition number 2022-93-PPR-04 in the email subject line.
Duties and responsibilities:
At SaskAbilities we treat people with respect, compassion, and honesty. Our programs and services are person-centred, goal oriented and accountable. We value teamwork, excellence and innovation. The successful candidate must be willing to practice these values on a daily basis while providing one-to-one assistance to individuals with intellectual disabilities, who exhibit on-going challenging and/or dangerous behaviours. This position reports to the Yorkton Branch -Behaviour Supports Senior Supervisor.
In addition, the individual must be able to:
- Conduct observations and implement positive behavioural support programming for clients
- Ability to resolve conflict by balancing the needs of the individual and the agency that is supporting the individual
- Maintain constructive working relationships and open communication internally with coworkers, and externally with the individual requiring support and their core team
- Travel extensively within the Province, and must be available to provide evening and weekend service delivery
- Maintain documentation
- Provide supportive assistance for the clients physical/emotional well-being of clients including personal care for clients
- Rehabilitation Worker Certificate, Recreation Therapy Certificate, Continuing Care Aide and/or related training and work experience
- Valid Class 5 – Driver’s Licence and working vehicle
- Knowledge of and ability to work with individuals with multiple barriers, disabilities and challenging behaviors
- Well developed interpersonal skills, along with effective written/verbal communication and computer skills
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Mary Baron, Executive Assistant
SaskAbilities – Yorkton Branch
PO Box 5011 YORKTON SK S3N 3Z4
Phone: 1-833-444-4126 toll-free Fax: 306-782-7844
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.