|Closing Date||March 31, 2023|
|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual|
|Compensation||Pay Class 10 (range of $14.88 to $17.86 per hour)|
When applying, please include competition number 2023-30-CSR-01 in the email subject line.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Productions Assistant provides support to the Regina Business Centre, Sewing and Industrial Assembly teams to enhance workflow and production efficiency by assisting in preparation, set up and final packaging of products produced, in addition to back up sewing support during high volume production times.
- Support to Sewing team as a back-up for sewing production as needed, including operation of various sewing machines, embroidery machine, and heat press.
- Support in preparing patterns, material, and supplies for Sewing team to ensure workflow is smooth and uninterrupted.
- Support with fulfillment of orders in shipping/receiving and final packaging of finished product.
- Support Industrial Assembly team in coordination of materials for assembly, workflow, and final packing of assembled product.
- Support to the Supervisor, Sewing and Industrial Assembly and Senior Supervisor, Business Centre to ensure efficient operation of departments as needed and directed.
- Assist in Sewing and Industrial Assembly areas to ensure workspace is organized, and materials are monitored.
- Grade 10 or equivalent education
- Sewing in a commercial production setting.
- Working in a commercial production setting is an asset.
- Ability to work with individuals with varying abilities.
- Knowledge of sewing patterns, supplies and sewing preparatory work.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate agility and innovation to support a team delivering on time sensitive production requirements.
- Ability to identify gaps and take action to support sewing and assembly team in a variable and deadline driven area.
- Forklift certificate considered an asset.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Senior Supervisor, Business Centre
SaskAbilities, Regina Branch
825 McDonald Street | Regina | SK | S4N 2X5
Phone: 306-569-9045 Fax: 306-352-3717
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.