|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual 40-hour week based on 6-12 hour daily shifts (Monday-Friday), on a Modified Work Arrangement.|
|Location||Camp Easter Seal Camp Office, Manitou Beach, SK|
|Compensation||$17.20 per hour|
Camp Easter Seal is a summer camp program for children, youth and adults experiencing disability. This Program Leader is responsible to plan and deliver activities for the waterfront and community-based program, and act as a second lifeguard. This includes planning adaptable activities and ensuring the safe implementation of the activities for our campers.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate creative and adaptive waterfront and community activities for all camp participants, including evening group activities (with the Program Team), campfires, evening programs and camp-wide programming.
- Promote camper choice, engagement, and adaptability to ensure campers’ recreational and social needs are positively and safely being met.
- Act as a second lifeguard for the camp.
- Perform daily audits of the boats and dock area; monitor all program inventory, supplies, and equipment.
- Participate fully in all aspects of team and camp life.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Must possess current NLS Lifesaving Certificate.
- Must be 18 years of age. (Saskatchewan Camping Association requirement)
- Educational background/experience in recreation, education, disability studies, social work, or related programs is an
- Experience in planning pool or waterfront activities.
- Experience working as a Lifeguard.
- Must possess or willing to obtain a Pleasure Craft Operators Card.
- Previous experience working or volunteering with individuals experiencing disability is considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle multiple demands under pressure.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from camp is the personal responsibility of staff. Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.