|Closing Date||October 4, 2023|
|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual 2 Positions. Average of 12 to 20 hours per week.|
|Compensation||Pay Class 13 (range of $21.77 to $26.85 per hour)|
When applying, please include competition number 2023-120-CSR-02 in the email subject line.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Social Leisure Youth Program (SLYP-Out) provides recreational outings to youth experiencing disabilities. Coordinators are responsible for participant selection, arranging community-based activities (small-group), record keeping, evaluation, volunteer recruitment & training, and supporting transportation as required. Candidates will work an average of 12 – 20 hours per week from October 2023 – end of April 2024.
- Coordinating/conducting community-based recreational outings (evening) for the participants
- Providing an engaging, interactive, safe & fun atmosphere for participants
- Recruiting, training & coordinating volunteers for outings
- Conducting participant selection (includes in-home visits with participants & families/caregivers)
- Preparing & distributing monthly activity schedules
- May provide participant transportation to & from scheduled activities using personal vehicle
- Administrative duties (e.g., tracking participant/volunteer attendance, completing evaluations, receipt reimbursements)
- Student who is involved in post-secondary education in the human services field (i.e., Social Work, Education, Kinesiology, Recreational Therapy, or related disciplines)
- Experience working with children or youth who have a disability would be an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid & CPR certificates
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Innovative and creative
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Sherry Faris, Program Manager
SaskAbilities, Saskatoon Branch
1410 Kilburn Avenue
Saskatoon, SK S7M 0J8
Phone: (306) 653-1694 Fax: (306) 652-8886
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.