|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual May 23 to August 25, 2023 53-hour week, three out of four weeks, based on 6-12 hour daily shifts (Monday-Friday), including rotational night shift, on a Modified Work Arrangement.|
|Location||Camp Easter Seal Camp Office, Manitou Beach, SK|
|Compensation||$17.20 per hour|
Support Workers are responsible for providing supportive assistance to our campers while in attendance at Camp Easter Seal. This role includes working directly with an assigned group of campers to facilitate their daily care needs and ensure safe participation in the camp program.
- Oversee and provide supportive assistance to assigned campers, such as, but not limited to, ensuring the physical, emotional, and social well-being of the campers served are being met.
- Encourage camper participation in all activities; support and participate with the program staff in program implementation.
- Provide personal care and support to campers as required.
- Effectively organize and problem-solve within the staff teams.
- Fully participate in all aspects of team and camp life.
- Post-secondary educational background/experience in disability studies, recreation, health care, social work, education, or related programs is an asset.
- Disability Support Worker Certificate or education is considered a strong asset.
- Previous experience working or volunteering with individuals experiencing disability is an asset.
- Adaptable, empathetic and engaging; a creative and outside the box thinker.
- Strong self-initiative skills as well as exceptional problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle multiple demands under pressure.
- Ability to positively interact with campers of various ages experiencing disability, all staff and external contacts.
- For new staff that do not have PART and TLR training, this will be provided for hired staff May 17-19.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from camp is the personal responsibility of staff. Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
To apply: Review other important information and apply through our website, SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.