|Closing Date||October 13, 2022|
|Employment Type:||Temporary, Full-time|
|Location||Saskatoon Branch, Warman|
|Compensation||Play Class 13 (range of $21.14 to $26.07)|
When applying please include competition number 2022-138-TFR-02 in the email subject line.
Duties and responsibilities:
At SaskAbilities, we believe in working together to provide innovative programs and services to meet the individual needs of our participants. If you love a challenge, have special talents or hobbies to share, and have a passion for improving people’s quality of life and/or work skills – we would love for you to join our team.
- Provide support to adults who participate in the SaskAbilities Day Program for adults experiencing disabilities. This includes on site activities, community-based activities, volunteer and/or work placements, including transportation as required.
- Provide an engaging, interactive, safe, and fun atmosphere for all participants
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Assist participants with personal care
- Document daily activities, attendance and maintain participant program files
- Disability or Rehabilitation Support Worker Certificate and/or related training and experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a working/reliable vehicle
- Valid First Aid/CPR/AED Certification or willingness to obtain within three months
- Additional courses such as TLR and PART would be considered an asset
- One year experience in related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work effectively with individuals experiencing disabilities, co-workers and community partners
- Open minded creative, effective time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Sherry Faris, Program Manager
SaskAbilities, Saskatoon Branch
1410 Kilburn Avenue
Saskatoon, SK S7M 0J8
Phone: (306) 653-1694 Fax: (306) 652-8886
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.