|Closing Date||December 4, 2022|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Compensation||Pay Class 13 (range of $21.14 to $26.07 per hour) plus benefit package|
When applying please include competition number 2022-164-PFR-04 in the email subject line.
Duties and responsibilities:
At SaskAbilities, we believe in working together to provide innovative programs and services to meet the individual needs of our participants. If you love a challenge, have special talents or hobbies to share, and have a passion for improving people’s quality of life and/or work skills – we would love to have you join our team.
- Provide specific support to adults who participate in the Day Program. This includes on-site and community-based activities, volunteer, and/or work placements; including transportation.
- Provide an engaging, interactive, safe, and fun atmosphere for all participants; including using proper PPE, as per department protocols
- Have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Document daily activities, attendance, and maintain participant program files
- Assist participants with personal and intimate care to promote good hygiene when necessary
- Disability or Rehabilitation Support Worker Certificate and/or related training and experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and access to a working/reliable vehicle
- Valid First Aid/CPR/AED Certification or willingness to obtain within three months
- Additional courses such as TLR and PART would be considered and asset
- Proficient computer skills and good knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs
- Knowledge and skill in using social media platforms
- One year experience in related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work effectively with individuals with varying abilities, co-workers, and community partners
- Open-minded, creative, effective time management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Mary Baron, Executive Assistant
SaskAbilities – Yorkton Branch
PO Box 5011 YORKTON, SK S3N 3Z4
Phone: 1-833-444-4126 toll free Fax: 306-782-7844
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.