|Closing Date||June 28, 2022|
|Employment Type:||Temporary, Part-time Mon. to Fri. 30 hours per week|
|Compensation||Pay Class 15 (range of $25.51 to $31.71 per hour)|
When applying please include competition number 2022-92-TPR-04 in the email subject line.
Duties and responsibilities:
At SaskAbilities, we believe in working together to provide innovative programs and services to meet the individual needs of our participants.
- Produces a monthly schedule of activities for the Mental Health Drop-In Centre (MHDIC); including community-based activities, volunteering opportunities, life skills, music, art, social and physical activities based on participants input, skills, interests and abilities – facilitates above activities
- Produces a monthly schedule for The After Hours Group and organizes each event on that day and communicates with caregivers regarding sign up and attendance for events
- Plans and delivers life skills classes to MHDIC participants
- Reviews client interests and engages current and potential clients with activity planning
- Completes daily attendance and submits stats to supervisor at the end of the week
- In consultation with Day Program – Supports Facilitators, organizes short and long term volunteer placements within the community
- Maintains and builds working relationships with community services and agencies to bring in guest speakers, educators, and entertainers
- Implements and maintains documentation on the client database and manually to track a client’s progress
- In consultation with Senior Supervisor, purchases supplies and materials; ie: office, kitchen, supplies and materials, craft supplies, canteen, TAG, etc
- Diploma/certificate in the Human Services field
- Valid Class 5 – Driver’s Licence and access to a working/reliable vehicle
- Valid First Aid/CPR/AED Certification or willingness to obtain within three months
- Proficient computer skills and good knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs / skilled in using social media platforms
- Two years experience in related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work effectively with individuals with varying abilities, co-workers, and community partners
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Mary Baron, Executive Assistant
SaskAbilities – Yorkton Branch
PO Box 5011 YORKTON SK S3N 3Z4
Phone: 1-833-444-4126 toll free Fax: 306-782-7844
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.