|Closing Date||June 15, 2023|
|Employment Type:||Temporary, Casual|
|Location||Swift Current Branch|
|Compensation||Pay Class 12 (range of $19.12 to $23.36 per hour)|
When applying, please include competition number 2023-74-CSR-03 in the email subject line.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Transit Driver transports passengers on multiple transit services in a safe and efficient manner. The Recycling Foreperson assists customers with sorting household recyclable materials and shredding of confidential paper.
- Completing a pre-trip inspection each morning to ensure safety and mechanical soundness and reporting irregularities to the supervisor.
- Working with the dispatcher throughout the day regarding cancellations and new trip books which result in changes to the daily passenger schedule.
- Collecting fares or punch tickets as required
- Entering and exiting the bus multiple times in a shift while assisting customers
- Escorting and securing passengers in the bus by attaching seat belts or Q-straint system.
- Preparing daily trip sheet reports and reconciling cash
- Preparing bus for next day by refueling and cleaning as needed
- General duties as assigned in recycling departments including operation of equipment
- Handling confidential paper for shredding
- Assisting customers with sorting recycling items while working outdoors in all weather conditions
- General cleaning duties
- Minimum Class IV Driver’s License with clear Driver’s Abstract for the past 5 years
- Safe Places Certification
- Familiarity with transporting passengers and with Swift Current streets an asset
- Ability to physically maneuver passengers in wheelchairs
- Excellent customer service, time management and documentation skills
- General mechanical aptitude/knowledge
- Able to communicate effectively and perform basic computer skills including email
- Must be able to perform duties for up to 12 hours
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Jayda Watson, Acting Regional Director
SaskAbilities, Swift Current branch
1551 North Railway Street West
Swift Current, SK S9H 5G3
Phone: 1 (833) 526-5299 Fax: (306) 778-9188
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.