|Closing Date||August 28, 2022|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Compensation||Pay Class 12 (range of $18.56 to $22.68 per hour) plus benefit package|
When applying please include competition number 2022-117-PFR-04 in the email subject line.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Transit Driver transports passengers in a wheelchair-lift equipped bus or a 15-passenger van in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspecting the vehicle each morning to ensure safety and mechanical soundness and reporting irregularities to the proper supervisor and the follow-up driver
- Works with the dispatcher throughout the day regarding cancellations and new trip bookings which result in reorganizing the daily schedule for transporting passengers
- Collecting fares or tickets from each passenger and selling books of tickets as required
- Loading and unloading passengers in wheelchairs using electric over hydraulic lift
- Escorting and securing passengers in the bus by attaching seat belts or Q-straint system
- Preparing daily trip sheet report and reconciling cash, tickets, and ticket books sold
- Preparing bus for the next day by refueling, maintaining and cleaning as per pandemic protocols, parking bus in secured area, and locking gates daily
- Work as part of a team
- Minimum Class IV Driver’s Licence with clear Driver’s Abstract for the past five years
- Familiarity with transporting passengers and with Yorkton streets
- Ability to physically maneuver passengers in wheelchairs up and down ramps and stairs
- Excellent customer service, time management, and documentation skills
- General mechanical aptitude/knowledge
- Able to communicate effectively
- Basic computer/email skills
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Mary Baron, Executive Assistant
SaskAbilities, Yorkton Branch
PO Box 5011 YORKTON, SK S3N 3Z4
Phone: 1-833-444-4126 toll free Fax: 306-782-7844
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.