|Closing Date||December 5, 2022|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Compensation||Pay Class 12 (range of $18.56 to $22.68 per hour) plus benefit package.|
When applying, please include competition number 2022-166-PFR-01 in the email subject line.
SaskAbilities is dedicated to providing person-centred and innovative employment programs that offer opportunities for valuable work experiences and meaningful competitive employment. We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team in the position of Wood Products Production Foreperson.
Duties and responsibilities:
Wood Products Production Foreperson assists in the successful daily operations of the Wood Products department.
- Ensuring timely, quality production of a range of wood products.
- Operation of company vehicle and forklift.
- Operation and maintenance of specialized industrial equipment.
- Assist in training and supervising individuals completing work placements.
- Assist with monitoring production and inventory.
- Participates in and contributes to Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Grade 12 Graduate
- First Aid/CPR
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Experience in use of specialized industrial equipment to produce various wood products is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of manufacturing practices, and production processes
- Safe & efficient operation of equipment related to wood products
- Basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective organization and communication skills
- Ability to supervise and train workers
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Physically fit – ability to lift to 50 pounds
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Mail: Executive Assistant
SaskAbilities, Regina Branch
825 McDonald Street
Regina, SK S4N 2X5
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.