|Closing Date||November 21, 2023|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Part-time 20 hours per week|
|Compensation||Pay Class 10 (range of $14.88 to $17.86 per hour) plus benefit package|
*When applying, please include competition number “2023-138-PPR-01” and position title in the email subject line.
SaskAbilities is dedicated to providing person-centred and innovative employment programs that offer opportunities for valuable work experiences and meaningful competitive employment. We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team in the position of Production Technician in our Wood Products department. This is a permanent, part-time position working 20 hours per week.
Duties and responsibilities:
Production Technician assists in the successful daily operations of the Wood Products department. Duties include:
- Ensuring timely, quality production of a range of wood products.
- Operation of specialized industrial equipment.
- Participants in assembly line activities.
- Organizes materials and supplies to ensure efficient handling.
- Participates in and contributes to Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Assists with department’s janitorial requirements including sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, moving and stacking equipment and supplies.
- Grade 8
- Experience in the use of specialized industrial equipment to produce various wood products is considered an asset.
- Operation of a forklift and valid certification would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically fit – ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able and willing to work as part of a team.
- Desire and willingness to work in a safe and efficient manner that meets or exceeds the work and productivity standards.
- Participation in the department’s daily safety meetings and adherence to all safety requirements, including use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
SaskAbilities, Regina Branch
825 McDonald Street | Regina | SK | S4N 2X5
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization, welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.