Disability Travel Card
The Disability Travel Card™ Program provides an identification card to a person with a permanent disability, which will allow one adult attendant travelling with the person with a disability to travel at no cost. Travel is within Canada only with VIA Rail and any motor coach company participating in the reduced fare program.
- Reduced fares will be granted to the person with a permanent disability unable to travel alone (regardless of age) and accompanied by an adult attendant.
- An attendant will provide the person with a permanent disability with services that are not normally provided by a vehicle operator. These services include assisting the person with eating, administering medication, and using the facilities in an on-board washroom or a washroom at a stop.
- Both the attendant and person with the disability must travel together for the entire trip.
Full details of this program including further terms and conditions, baggage and restrictions are contained in the application form. Please read carefully.
The form must be completed by a physician or another healthcare professional.
- Download the Disability Travel Card™ Application
- Contact any SaskAbilities Branch for an application form
The completed application form can be mailed or faxed to:
2310 Louise Avenue
Or it may be dropped off at a Branch nearest you.